Membership in A.T.O.M. Science Club is about more than just being part of a group of like-minded kids who are all excited about science (although that’s a big part of it). In the nearly twenty years since the club started, I have heard amazing stories from past club members about the impact club participation had on their lives, from keeping them engaged in science through school to shaping the majors they chose in college.
Your child will benefit in several areas.
- Nurture his or her natural curiosity about science
- Learn at a level determined by interest, not age
- Get exposed to the fundamentals of chemistry and physics (the foundation for all higher level studies) from the very beginning so they can understand the latest scientific research
- Think creatively in a way that taps into the imagination and sparks a lifelong love of learning and science
- Carry the knowledge and passion they gain during club membership into their college and professional years (see our testimonials!)
- Apply what they have learned during club meetings and field trips
- Explore their interests and talents to discover what they most want to do in life—and receive encouragement to make it happen
- Participate in field trips designed by academic institutions especially for A.T.O.M. Science Club members based on current topics of study in the club
- Meet in person some of the leading experts in the scientific community here in the Bay Area (and beyond)
- Get behind-the-scenes access to scientific facilities
- Gain early (and sometimes exclusive access) to information about local and regional science events because of Madame Atom’s long-standing relationships with the scientific community